Monday, February 22, 2010

Happy Birthday Colt


So, my precious baby boy turns a year old tomorrow and it is taking everything I have to not cry through this entire thing. I thought I would take this time to reflect on the past year and how far we have come.

A year ago today Jared and I were sitting on the couch at our rent house when I felt something just wasn't right. I went to the bathroom.....and finally figured out that my water had broke. I was having no contractions or any other problems, so I actually had Jared google "water breaking" to make sure that we weren't jumping the gun. Lo and behold that is what was happening, so off to the hospital we were. Less than 24 hours later, we were holding Colt in our arms and thinking "what do we do now?"


The first couple months of Colt's life seemed like the longest months EVER. According to my diagnosis....he had colic and reflux. It took several trials of different formulas before finding that Soy agreed with him the most. We spent many sleepless nights walking around and around the house. Once he did start sleeping long, we were awake scared that something was wrong! Now, he sleeps about 11 hours at night and daddy and I are so grateful!!!


It is just amazing to see how far our little man has come. We have treasured every moment of every day of his life. From his first smile, laugh and hug. From him learning to scoot and then on to crawling. From pulling up on things, to wondering when he would walk (that hasn't happened yet!). He is our pride and joy and we could not imagine a world without him. Our lives have changed and we can only imagine what the future will bring. We look forward to all that life has to offer us as a family. Thank you to everyone for your love, support and help over the past year.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLT!!

MOMMY AND DADDY LOVE YOU!!!

1 comment: